Title: Research Consultant
Location: Los Angeles
Relationship: This position reports to the Vice President, Recruiting and Research on an ongoing basis and to various engagement managers (Search Consultants) on a project-by-project basis.
Responsibilities: The Research Consultant will have a variety of responsibilities supporting both the execution of executive searches and the development of new search business for the firm. The person in this role will collaborate with Search Consultants to develop a research/candidate-generation plan for each search engagement. They will also support Partners, Principals, and Senior Engagement Directors in business development efforts by identifying and analyzing industry trends and preparing business development materials.
Specifically, the Research Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with Search Consultants to develop search strategies by identifying and qualifying target candidates, sources, and companies for each new search engagement.
- Generating target candidates via phone work; calling into companies to extract information about executives in specified functions (i.e. contact information, responsibilities, reporting relationships, etc.).
- Proactively auditing search status results on an ongoing basis to ensure that as the search progresses the research strategy is refined as well.
- Preparing business development materials, utilizing knowledge of pertinent company information and industry trends.
- Conducting analyses and create presentations to help Consultants better understand target clients and companies. This may include, but is not limited to:
- General industry overviews
- Company product line analysis
- Organizational breakouts
- Financial data
- Significant company press releases
- An exceptional business acumen and at least two years of work experience in one of the following corporate functions: Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Operations, or any other relevant corporate function. A general understanding of other business sectors is a plus.
- Prior research experience.
- An ability to analyze both tactically and strategically. This individual should be a creative thinker who is proactive in offering new approaches towards solving a problem.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to be very flexible and manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment or in a team environment with multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to do phone based research; ability to extract information from senior executives and their “gatekeepers” (exceptional telephone skills).
- Experience using office productivity software tools, including MS Word, Excel, and Goldmine or other CRM tools.
Education: A Bachelors Degree is required.
Compensation: An attractive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate including a salary, bonus, and benefits.