Title: Assistant Vice President, National Payer Lead
Location: Los Angeles, CA and San Francisco, CA
Relationship: Reports to the Managing Director, Global Healthcare Lead
As a senior member of the business development team, the Associate Vice President will be responsible for extending the client base of the firm’s growing Healthcare practice by selling payer services to his/her existing network and continuously leveraging the firm’s current relationships to broaden the sales offerings. He/She will be a true “hunter” and maintain an active pipeline of opportunities, while successfully managing multiple complex consulting projects at one or more clients.
The Associate Vice President will:
- Develop trusted, long-term profitable relationships with the executive client buyers.
- Manage growth by identifying sales opportunities on existing accounts and developing newly sourced work.
- Utilize healthcare payer industry and technical knowledge to assist clients solve complex problems.
- Establish a reputation as a leader in their particular area of focus (claims and claims processing and management, HEDIS, etc.) within Healthcare Payer Industry Segment.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a strong mix of best-practices solutions, skills, and capabilities.
- Manage teams of consultants and client staff at client site.
- Lead the execution of internal business initiatives.
- Teach others how to develop valuable business development skills, tools, templates, and frameworks.
- Inspire and motivate our consultants by embodying the firm’s vision, mission, values and strategy.
- Leverage experience and credibility in the healthcare payer space to develop new solutions for our clients.
- At least eight years of management consulting, advisory, professional services and/or Big 4 consulting experience with at least two years as a Senior Manager or Principal.
- At least 7 years in the healthcare payer space, establishing and continues to maintain active relationships with leaders in the top 10 Healthcare payer organizations.
- Experience working on projects related to:
- Enabling payers to help improve care delivery by creating incentives for providers and members that reward medical costs containment while improving health outcomes.
- Improving payers’ claim processes to enable cost efficiencies, appropriate reimbursement rates, communication back to providers on revenue cycles.
- Providing the storage, retrieval, sharing, and use of health care information, data, and knowledge for communication and decision making.
- Hands-on experience with healthcare payer operations including from front-end sales and underwriting processes, membership & physician engagement, network development, health outcomes and back end claims processing.
- At least two years in a business development supporting role with proven ability to evaluate business opportunities and prioritize projects, resulting in an increase in market penetration and revenue generation year-over-year.
- Clear sales aptitude and desire, demonstrated by supporting bringing on new business opportunities with new client and has supported business expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively scope and sell business solutions to clients generating $2 million or more in revenue annually.
- Demonstrated track record of managing large and complex healthcare consulting engagements; including a role in business development, managing and interfacing with senior level client executives.
- Experience driving business requirements, identifying gaps and omissions, and designing solutions.
- Success in driving and managing significant account growth for key clients.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or Masters is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Strong team building skills, presentation skills and ability to problem solve.
- Excellent listening and communication skills in order to sell the vision of the future and effectively communicate with peers, subordinates, superiors, and customers.
- Self-starter, driven by a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to drive to success with a growing brand.
- Must be a strong leader who thrives on collaboration and has maximized the effectiveness of a distributed workforce.
- Thrives in environments undergoing significant transformation and growth. High tolerance for change, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
- Highest level of integrity and character.
- Invested leader; relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, sideways, and inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; low ego needs; builds constructive and effective relationships and communicate highly technical information in a simplistic and easily understandable way.
- Highest level of integrity to ensure credibility within the function, the company, or the agency.
Compensation: An attractive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus will be provided.