Title: Chief Executive Officer
Location: New York City (preferred)
Company: Conference events company creating unique opportunities for continuing education in the dermatology field.
Relationship: This position reports to the two business owners (i.e. The Board)
Position Summary: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a newly created role the leaders of the business recently concluded is necessary to ensure the continued success and growth of this business. The mandate for the CEO role included working closely with the board to set strategic direction, which includes expanding into new market, both geographic as well as vertical by specialty. It also includes allocating scarce resources and executing on an aggressive growth plan.
- Accelerate the growth of the business. Expand services within the core dermatology business and in other specialties and geographies. Lead the development of new product offerings.
- Evaluate industry/market trends for potential impact on the business, identifying key business opportunities as well as potential threats.
- Professionalize the business. Envision and build out an infrastructure that will support an organization twice its current size
- Develop a world-class team. Ensure the organization is properly organized and staffed to achieve business.
- Institutionalize tacit knowledge, relationships, experience of the owners to ensure the sustainability of the business
- Successfully position the business for exit. Ensure company has protocols, repeatable processes, and most importantly ensure it has achieved the market impact and financial results to entice buyers.
- At least 15 years of experience in General Management and/or Marketing within a pharmaceutical, healthcare services, or related consulting/services business. Has Knowledge and Understanding of Continuing Medical Education.
- Possesses extensive contacts and executive relationships in the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry. Proven experience and ability to work with and advise physicians.
- Has worked successfully in a corporate and “matrixed” environment and can navigate the organization to earn sponsorships
- Prior experience establishing performance metrics and achieving goals at high growth organizations.
- Track History for leading growth initiatives (or products, or business units).
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Is hands on, can roll up sleeves, and can work effectively with limited resources.
- Recognized as an executive that leads by example. Is high energy and dynamic.
- Has experience leading change in a fast paced environment.
- Attracts, develops, and retains top talent.
- Has a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Has exceptional communication skills to inform and influence at all levels, internally and externally.
- Is accustomed to frequent travel and is willing to continue to travel frequently.
Education: Bachelors’ degree is required. An MBA or graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
- Recognized as an executive that leads by example and is high energy, dynamic, and hands on.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and tendency to “roll up your sleeves” with the ability to work effectively with limited resources. Self-starter.
- Exceptional networking skills; enjoys meeting people and developing lasting, trusting relationships.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and change.
- Proven ability to prioritize; excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills to inform and influence at all levels internally and externally. Proven ability to engage people at all levels of an organization.
- Superior interpersonal traits to include excellent verbal and written communication skills and solid presentation skills.
- Thrives in environments undergoing significant transformation and growth.
- Exceptional leadership skills; likeable combined with a results orientation.
- Creative / innovative.
- Displays a passion for the business. Driven and motivated to make a difference.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary, bonus and equity.