Title: Chief Executive Officer
Company: PE-backed industrial field services business with revenues of approximately $150 million
Location: Tulsa, OK
Relationship: Reports to the Board of Directors
Key Responsibilities: The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing overall leadership for the company, particularly as it relates to developing and achieving business objectives, profitable growth, and an optimal return on invested capital. Specifically, the Chief Executive Officer will:
In conjunction with the Company and the Board:
- Enhance and augment the current mission, vision and values of the Company – and actively communicate and encourage them both within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Develop a long term strategy for the business that emphasizes leadership development and operational excellence in order to build a customer centric culture with above market growth rates.
- Develop and implement strategic operating plans for the business, ensuring that the proper resources are in place to drive results.
- Build an executive team with best-in-class capabilities across all functional areas, and develop a deep bench of talent that provides leverage for the senior executives and a viable succession plan. The Board recognizes that key leaders at all levels of the organization will take the Company to the next level of growth.
- Assure the organization is properly organized and staffed to achieve business objectives.
- Promote and facilitate a culture that embraces continuous improvement in all areas
- Set standards for operational excellence and communicate them clearly at all levels of the company. See that the proper metrics are in place to ensure that standards are being uniformly upheld.
- Participate in the continuous development and execution of operational improvement objectives.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of lump sum and time and material pricing to manage the risk and impact to the business given market dynamics in the industrial services sector.
Customer Centric Culture
- Analyze and interpret customer and industry information to align and optimize the Company’s strategic and tactical objectives.
- Develop and promote business objectives that proactively and opportunistically meet the needs and requests of the customer base – with an underlying goal of gaining market share and improving profitability.
- Facilitate and oversee the development and execution of the Company’s sales and marketing tactics that best communicate the Company’s value proposition to the marketplace.
- Develop strategic business plans to double the size of the business from $150 million to $300 million profitably, through a combination of organic growth, acquisitions, and launching complementary service offerings.
- Expand and enhance the Company’s capabilities in all of its business lines – fabrication, field services, and mechanical.
- Analyze and execute on strategies that thoughtfully expand the product breadth and application reach of the Company’s capabilities and offerings.
- Facilitate and oversee the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and tactical plans.
- Collaboratively develop and successfully execute upon annual operating budgets.
- Ensure that plans and policies are consistently understood, correctly interpreted, and administered by subordinate executives and managers. Empower and equip employees to consistently deliver successful results.
- Over five years of proven success as a General Manager or Business Unit Leader in achieving substantial improvements in operations and inventory control, resulting in significant and steady increases in profitability over the course of several years.
- Has held P&L responsibility for a company or division of at least $150 million in revenues across multiple locations. Strong business acumen and ability to drive a business through use of metrics. Must have strong record of customer retention.
- Five plus years of operations driven, execution-led sales management experience. A demonstrated track-record of designing, implementing, leading, and improving sales processes, from customer segmentation and targeting, initial sales collateral and pitch, through customer activation.
- Strong knowledge of the end customer, familiarity with facilities and field services with specific examples of having won work from new and existing clients through strong delivery and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing, and quality results.
- Must understand how to identify new products, services, and market opportunities as well as how to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Experience developing and implementing strategies resulting in double digit year over year growth.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and implementing sales, marketing, and engineering strategic plans to increase market share as well as building the organizational infrastructure to support significant growth objectives.
- At least ten years of experience in industrial services-related companies and an understanding of and relationships with, pertinent industry associations.
- Solid understanding of project-based businesses and the cyclical nature of the business and how this affects market dynamics. Experience managing project-based businesses in a leveraged environment is a plus.
- Private equity experience is preferred but not required.
- Some experience and exposure to a manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Has a history of communicating a compelling vision and furthermore creating strategies and leading teams through its successful execution.
- Extensive experience identifying, recruiting, advising, and mentoring leadership talent and has shown willingness to make difficult changes to a team when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to move seamlessly from the strategic to the tactical.
- Low ego needs and influential style that creates followership and quickly garners respect.
- Experience in a matrixed environment.
- Must enjoy being an externally-facing representative for the business and be known for customer intimacy as well as personal interaction with customers around the world.
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, capable of operating in a lean environment without extensive organizational structure.
- Ability to operate as a Trusted, Independent, Advisor and track record of providing objective and actionable feedback.
- Prior experience in companies with a substantial blue collar workforce is a plus.
Education: Bachelors degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.