Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Austin, Texas
Company: A leading granite and tile distributor
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Specific Responsibilities: Seeking a hands-on CFO to lead its finance and accounting functions. In addition to the typical responsibilities of leading the finance and accounting functions, the candidate will be expected to gain comfort working in a leveraged environment to lead the Company’s IT function and implement robust operational reporting. Experience in importation/distribution, specifically with regard to building products, and a history of operating in leveraged environments would make a candidate even more competitive.
Specifically, the CFO will be responsible for:
- Managing internal finance and operational control functions, including cash management and tax reporting.
- Implementing accounting policies, procedures, cost accounting supervision, and internal controls.
- Developing annual and monthly financial budgets and forecasts.
- Identifying and managing business risks and insurance requirements.
- Overseeing financial and operational systems implementation (in some locations), integration and upgrades.
- Leading the annual audit process.
- Generating monthly reporting packages.
- Managing lender relationships and debt reporting requirements.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Proven track record with at least 5 years as a senior finance executive of a $50 million standalone business or division of a larger company.
- Robust financial and accounting background, including strong academic and professional requirements (CPA not required, but very strongly preferred).
- Extremely strong problem-solving/action oriented approach with a hands-on mindset; capable of fostering a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Experience with rapid geographic expansion via Greenfield and M&A
- Greenfield: MSA evaluation, investment analysis/capital budgeting, operating projections and performance tracking, etc.
- M&A: Transaction execution and post-merger integration activities – facility consolidations, operational reporting and tracking, IT and accounting platform integrations, etc.
- Experience in importation/distribution, ideally within the building products sector.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning and communication skills.
- Broad experience with various types of internal and external reporting, including management plan preparation and budgeting.
- Deep integration with sales efforts to monitor intra-month performance relative to budget and budget for new product launches.
- Experience managing a lean finance and accounting function.
- Experience with debt financing, covenant tracking, cash management, and working with lender syndicates.
- Experience working with a private equity owner would be a plus.
- Interest in operating as primary financial contact for high-involvement private equity firm.
Education: Strong preference for BS in Business Administration or Accounting; MBA highly desired but not required.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus tied to firm performance.