Title: Chief Financial Officer
Company: A top-five national provider of treatment for individuals with traumatic brain injuries.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Specific Responsibilities: The CFO will be responsible for driving the company’s financing activities, as well as directing its financial vision to support company operations and drive growth and profitability. The CFO will act as a key thought partner to the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team. More specifically, responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the CEO on executing a strategy of growth and enhance profitability, ensuring the company is operating efficiently and effectively. Quickly establish relationships with other senior members of the management team and be viewed as a key operational leader in the business.
- Assume overall leadership of the day-to-day financial and control operations of the company, including financial reporting, planning and analysis, accounting, internal controls, financial policy development, budgeting and modeling, audit, tax, strategic investment, merger & acquisitions, credit, compliance, and integration of business systems.
- Develop a best-in-class, scalable finance function. Establish policies, practices, and programs to measure performances of all types against strategies and operating goals.
- Ensure executive team awareness of financial impact of all operational decisions (margins, etc.) as well as balance prudence with making investments required to aggressively grow the business and
- Drive the financial processes around acquisitions and ensure the smooth integration thereof including, but not limited to, the following: financial due diligence, analysis, coordination, and communication regarding financial policies and procedures. Uncover and drive both short-term and long-term cost savings and revenue opportunities across the organization.
- Oversee, develop and improve reporting processes and systems to deliver timely and accurate financial and operational information to senior management, and if needed, external customers and partners.
- Create and own the monthly reporting package and monthly revenue recognition.
- Drive analyses around operational effectiveness, business performance, and cash management to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize financial and operational metrics, assess root causes for issues and possible actions. Implement operating metrics and tracking systems.
- Participate in the development of strategy and plans, especially as they relate to financial integrity and business expansion. Oversee and coordinate the development of long-term planning. Assure that plans meet specific organizational needs.
- Interact and build relationships with Payors; negotiate rates and oversee revenue cycle management.
- Align the finance team around core deliverables and establish partnerships with all stakeholders (including the Board).
- Partner and oversee relationships with lenders and other financing sources; deal with issues or changes on interest rates, principal, etc.
- Provide leadership and vision. Must be able to effectively interact with and influence across the organization and create a followership to drive the company to new levels of success.
- Evaluate strategic pricing opportunities, vendor contracting, procurement savings and analysis of strategic relationships.
- Evaluate and IT / Systems relevance and impact while embracing technology and new tools.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Proven track record with at least seven years of experience in senior finance positions.
- Strong grasp of core financial concepts, including accounting, cash management, budgeting, revenue recognition, financial modeling, and forecasting. Has a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in a high growth, multi-site, geographically disbursed, consumer-facing services company, with strong preference for companies providing health-care services and specific examples of having interactions with Payors (negotiating rates, developing relationships, etc.) and experience with revenue cycle management.
- Track record of creating and implementing financial reporting procedures and metrics for an organization. Previous experience creating or significantly improving financial planning and forecasting.
- Proven ability to provide meaningful proactive analysis that informs business and financial strategy, including providing financial support to sales efforts and contract negotiations as well as rigorous review process around all CAPEX projects.
- Track record of streamlining month-end closing process. Previous experience with billing and contractual adjustments typical for healthcare providers.
- Experience participating in two or more M&A deals which have successfully accelerated business growth.
- Has played a key role in the seamless integration of acquired companies.
- Experience partnering with the Chief Executive Officer to make strategic decisions. Recognized as an executive that leads by example and is high energy, dynamic, hands-on and team player.
- Exceptional communication skills to inform and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Possess balance of collaborative leadership style with a bias for action. Dynamic and hands-on leader with a track record of championing innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset, adaptable and have a high tolerance for ambiguity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline. MBA or graduate degree in Finance highly desirable. CPA Preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Confident with executive presence and the ability to work effectively with the CEO, senior management team and the Board of Directors, without being too deferential.
- Character: High degree of maturity, integrity, and personal self-confidence.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated business judgment with the desire and capability to be an integral part of the senior management team.
- Analytical Skills: Data driven and highly analytical with demonstrated proficiency in financial planning and analysis, business valuation, and acquisition due diligence.
- Leadership Capability: Ability to build and motive at financial team to improve the team’s performance and contributions to the organization.
- Communication Skills: Skill in building consensus for new ideas and initiatives and in communicating effectively with personnel and groups at all organization levels.
- Hands-On: Detailed oriented with the willingness and ability to contribute as both a leader and a member of the team.