Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Company: An American technology company
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Help achieve the company’s objectives of growth, profitability and market visibility while ensuring a cohesive marketing message and position.
- Deliver innovative and comprehensive global marketing plans that cover go-to-market strategies, demand generation, advertising spend, specific messaging and channel markets.
- Provide transformational marketing leadership, specifically building the company mission and culture.
- Ensure that global marketing capabilities include best practices with respect to process, technology and human capital; establish the goals and metrics required to achieve performance objectives and to drive continuous improvement.
- Direct all brand strategy including: brand identity, brand positioning and supporting proof points; brand health metrics and measurement; and brand governance.
- Drive an aggressive MarCom and PR strategy to dramatically ramp corporate visibility, clarity of position and leadership.
- Lead the creation/production of inspiring materials and collateral that will build the brand and increase revenue, driving effective content and ensuring that all proposals, case studies, presentations and sales marketing responses adhere to our client’s quality, brand and operational standards and drive results.
- Oversee the go-to-market strategy for product launches. Work with the product team to plan and execute launches for new and updated products; including creation of support, communications and training materials.
- Serve as the voice of the customer in communicating customer needs across the organization, ensuring that the brand strategy is delivered consistently through all customer touch points.
- Act as brand ambassador, ensuring consistent brand expression through all consumer and cultural touch points, both external and internal.
- Lead relationships with vendors, key accounts, priority customers, partners and the industry at large, representing the company in a manner that builds trade quality and promotes the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Partner closely with executives across the organization, influencing and creating effective relationships with key peers and stakeholders. Drive collaboration between the sales, operations, marketing, product and engineering teams.
An innovative marketing expert who balances intuition with analytics with expertise in all aspects of marketing. S/he will be a business driver who is results-oriented and committed to flawless execution. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who can articulate a vision and lead a team to realize it.
- Highly energetic and passionate marketing leader. At least 20 years in broad marketing roles, including at least 5 years in senior-level leadership roles in companies with at least $500 million in revenue; public company experience preferred.
- At least five years leading high-performance marketing teams of 30 or more across multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and experience encompassing all areas of marketing, including branding; PR/ MarCom; product marketing; program development; digital/web/social media; strategy; marketing operations and measurement; research; and events.
- Demonstrated success building and fostering a best-in-class b2b marketing organization.
Brand Building and Marketing Communications
- Demonstrated track record of building and positioning a brand, which resulted in significant revenue growth. Can provide examples of developing and strengthening a unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among target audiences.
- Expertise in developing brand strategies for driving growth in existing and new channels. Track record of developing innovative customer acquisition strategies and multi-channel marketing campaigns. Proven experience converting marketing strategies into sales initiatives and wins.
- Strong presence with exceptional communication and presentation skills. Naturally reads a room and is at ease presenting to customers and senior leadership, as well as in front of large audiences.
- Proven ability in the data-driven company culture with expertise deriving strategic insights through modeling, decision analytics and business analysis. Adept at forecasting and comfortable with being held accountable to numbers and revenue targets.
- Demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Understands agency, advertiser and publisher landscape; knows the major players, how they buy and from whom, as well as the macro and micro forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction.
- Proven experience working with sales to drive complex solution selling with examples of developing content to enable success across a sales force. Has the ability to communicate products’ technical advantages into marketing differentiators. Demonstrated example of educating the marketplace and explaining the value of an unprecedented product/technology.
- Solid understanding of SaaS and B2B emerging technologies is preferred with a proven ability to communicate products’ technical advantages into sales differentiators as well as a track record of adjusting strategies, structure and processes to keep pace with the evolving technology marketplace.