Title: Chief Operating Officer
Company: The company is an accommodation site and one of the largest global e-commerce player.
Relationship: This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Key Responsibilities: The COO will be responsible for all day-to-day management decisions across Partner Services (supply) and Customer Services and for leading the development and execution of the global strategy. Oversee Partner Services, CS and Tech across offices globally to drive commercial results by bringing together innovation and scale. The ideal candidate will have an outstanding track record at the helm of a successful multi-billion-dollar company as well as a strong commitment to innovation and teamwork. Specific responsibilities include:
- Champion creative innovation with a relentless focus on the continued delivery of critical products and services. Drive effective operations, customer support and performance.
- Run the day-to-day commercial and operational segments of the company business with a strong focus on technology and talent development.
- Grow global customer and partner businesses through operational and strategic improvements and unique positioning in the ecosystem.
- Deliver on set KPI’s / KLI’s within budget and hold P&L responsibility globally (Americas, APAC, EMEA).
- Create an innovative, dynamic and state-of-the-art Technology organization that enhances the platform to scale effectively.
- Develop, establish and direct the execution of operations to support our company objectives.
- Drive commercial execution together with the Regional Managing Directors, ensuring global consistency with local application for success.
- Innovate through technology and built an efficient, dynamic commercial and customer service organization.
- Test, experiment and implement new technologies that will help partners and customers in the future.
- Drive engagement across partners, customers and employees.
- Provide transformational leadership and guidance across the organization. Set clear direction, aligning people and resources to execute global strategy.
- On behalf of the CEO, lead communications to relevant employee groups, hotel partners and other public stakeholders and set global product, service and partner strategy together with peers.
What We Want: …a world-class, customer-obsessed strategic operator with an insatiable drive to focus on metrics and results while inspiring great talent to innovate and deliver in a complex, evolving and tech-driven org. A digital and technology powerhouse who will balance a breadth of experience and knowledge with the ability to drive cross-functional synergies; building and advocating for the brand, while simultaneously listening and negotiating with leaders and teams across the globe. An executive who is both humble and aggressive with an extraordinary ability to bring discipline and rigor to the wide breadth of assets during a period of high growth and innovation.
Your Unique Skills/About You:
- Consistent and proven narrative of redefining and building cutting-edge and market-leading technology businesses resulting in unprecedented corporate performance.
- Large-scale and global business management experience, managing at least $5 billion P&L in a fast-paced, consumer-facing company with reporting structure responsibility in excess of 5,000+ employees across multiple geographies.
- Expertise in digital, online retail platform and/or marketplaces with extensive experience with a consumer-driven technology, software or business.
- Highly analytical and manages by numbers and has implemented operational excellence and influencing at the executive level through exceptional business acumen, domain expertise and gravitas.
- Self-aware with the ability to form and foster breakthrough organizational harmony and correct existing pain points and gaps.
- Proven ability to turn aspirational goals into reality; pairing high-level thinking with strong execution, driving outcomes, managing with metrics and delivering transparency into results.
- Hard-driving global operator. Strategic, yet action-oriented; ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan; gets things done, period.
- Considerable experience driving year-over-year growth, with demonstrated success driving cost efficiencies, surpassing ROI and increasing revenue globally.
- Continually utilizes data, metrics and measurement to shape strategies, optimize performance and drive quantifiable improvements in team performance. Ability to formulate and execute a strategic plan to capture growth and monitor progress.
- Technically credible, with demonstrated expertise in bringing new products and services to market in agile development environments; thought leader with ability to command the respect of top notch technical teams.
- Relationship driven, builds trusting relationships in a dynamic environment with a broad range of colleagues, executive stakeholders and business partners.
- Gravitas and ability to lead conversation-changing presentations and have an innate ability to effectively influence and build efficacy amongst Senior / Executive team stakeholders and leaders.
- Fosters continuous learning, testing and an open-mind to new / never-been-done approaches.
- Draws out the best from a broad array of multi-faceted teams, and develop an atmosphere that unleashes creativity and meaningful work paired with clear accountability and ownership.
Why the company?
- Opportunity to drive global disruption of the travel industry.
- Continue to shape and innovate at massive scale, global and complex environment with a world-renowned product.
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance-driven culture.
- Be part of an inclusive and collective culture.