Title: Chief Technology Officer
Location: United States
Company: Our client is a global provider of a home buying and selling ecommerce platform.
Relationship: This position reports to the CIO
Specific Responsibilities: The Chief Technology Officer will drive our client’s technology strategy and build and be responsible for all of our client’s product development in support of the growth of the overall business. He/she will lead the entire technology organization for our client’s and will manage a team of 120, including engineering, product, and IT. This key executive will work directly with the CIO to define the future vision of the company by providing overall product and technology management, planning and leadership. He/she will collaborate to drive all current and long term engineering activities, managing all cross-platform product concepts and processes across product design, development, and through to release. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop flexible (service-oriented) software that supports business requirements, and reliability which enables world-class service levels. These systems include:
- User interfaces utilizing the latest generation of rendering technologies
- Data Reporting & CRM
- Site personalization
- Mobile products & support
- Search Engine Optimization technologies
- B2B and B2C products and solutions
- Embrace unique market opportunities and translate into ground breaking and scalable product offerings that resonate with potential home buyers. At the same time, develop synergies across the enterprise to improve reusability of software across all business channels.
- Run the overall technology and engineering stack including architecture, software development, user interface design, testing, etc.
- Oversee the execution of all engineering plans and capabilities, R&D expenditures, and product statuses with the ability to get into the details and dive deep in technically challenging areas.
- Create a best-in-class user interface and customer experience where our client’s customers have the ability to transact without human interaction.
- Define our client’s product and service offerings from a technology standpoint (including the introduction of new products), creating and sponsoring a cohesive product/services vision and roadmap across the organization.
- Build a platform to ensure regulatory compliance and facilitate efficient reporting of it. Make the platform flexible in order to accommodate future regulatory changes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Partner with sales and marketing to define requirements, and consistently deliver compelling offerings and go-to-market strategies.
- Ensure engineering excellence and rigor in design and lifecycle processes and drive key architecture.
- Create a continuous delivery organization.
- Demonstrate strategic and operational leadership in building strong relationships across our client’s business, product, and engineering teams.
- Drive a culture and an environment that stimulates constant engineering best practices, technology innovation and creativity.
- Drive talent development of the technology organization. Identify and recruit to strengthen and fill critical skill dimensions of the organization; manage and mentor talent to greater domain expertise and leadership capability, while maintaining the culture of the company.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 10-15+ years of technology experience and a demonstrated ability building and launching highly compelling product offerings and in organizations supporting complex transactions.
- Success leading the technology and product development vision, strategy and execution of large scale B2B or B2C experiences and services.
- Prior experience leading and building a full-stack engineering and product team of at least 50 during a time of high growth, including experience implementing and leading agile development teams.
- Solid understanding of programming languages (Java, C++, Mobile technologies), database platforms, operating systems, and open source technologies (version control, build tools, test tools, SOA frameworks, Web frameworks, and more).
- Experience in an organization supporting complex transactions, with an emphasis on developing innovative technologies.
- Track record of attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining highly talented technical teams.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Demonstrated track record of success in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Drives a culture of excellence focused on accountability, metrics, and measureable performance.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or a related major is required. An MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package.