Company Description: One of the world’s largest broadband and telecomm companies; a global leader delivering innovative communications and technology solutions
Your Charter: The CTO will lead the intersection of technology strategy, operations and management, driving a best-in-class organization. This is a key leadership position with responsibility for establishing a vision and methodology for bringing next gen technology to market and driving the engineering organization to the next level with an emphasis on growth and innovation. This executive will have domain expertise in next gen technology (AI, drones, autonomous mobility), new deployment strategies, and world class architecture. Leading a team of 80+ engineers, the CTO will drive all aspects of the technology and deployment of the mobile app and consumer platform, the geospatial platform, and the integration for all go-to-market and commercialization for map products both inside and outside the portfolio. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of the company’s technology engineering, successfully delivering complex initiatives within anticipated timelines.
- Conceptualize a differentiating technology vision and strategy for company and execute.
- In partnership with the CEO, shape the company’s overall business strategy, particularly as it relates to technology risks, opportunities, and resource allocation / spend.
- Foster innovation and efficiency throughout the company, working in a consultative fashion with other directors.
- Collaborate with senior executive team members to set and manage towards the company’s business objectives, oversee how those can be achieved through technology, and measure the product/technology effectiveness.
- Lead conversations with partners or clients about potential data exchanges or API integrations.
- Evangelize the company’s technology vision internally and externally.
- Create a structure and process for strategic decision making and planning around product development and launch.
- Prioritize and deliver high-impact product and technology initiatives within agreed upon deadlines by working collaboratively with the Heads of Product and Data.
- Drive rapid and effective execution of innovative ideas, products, solutions, and processes through thought leadership and decisive action.
- Establish and maintain cost-effective and scalable infrastructure.
- In partnership with the Head of Product, champion efficient internal development processes and tools, including Agile.
- Lead build vs. buy evaluations that relate to core technology, and support other departments with due diligence on technology tools.
- Strategize on product and/or feature concept creation and strategy to build a pipeline of innovative products and services.
- Serve as a change agent in the organization while instilling confidence in the team and establishing a strong vision.
- Cultivate and promote a highly collaborative development environment; and develop a culture that drives innovation and strategic growth, taking calculated risks.
- Attract, build, and retain a high-performing, motivated team by being an active mentor and establishing clear career development opportunities, including appropriate R&D investments.
- Manage the technology team budget and resource prioritization.
- Over 15 years of experience in software development, with at least 10 years of leadership experience in a technology organization.
- Significant management experience having led team of 80+, including scaling an engineering team in multiple locations at a startup or high growth company.
- Expertise in modern software development architecture best practices such as micro services, RESTful API design, mobile-driven development, and single-page web applications.
- Proven track record of leveraging cloud and physical server infrastructure for scalability and familiarity with options for creating easily maintainable development, staging and production environments.
- Experience with marketplace platforms and location services strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting data science and business analytics with product derived data.
- Proven track record of delivering applications for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Deep working knowledge of open-source tools/AWS
- Significant experience with Agile and modern software development languages, frameworks, and databases.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Excellent analytical, project management, presentation, and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to predict market trends and focus on high-impact initiatives that capitalize on future opportunities. Expertise in revenue planning and forecasting.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, annual target bonus, and equity.