Title: Director, Consumer Strategy
Company: for one of the world’s largest broadband and telecomm companies; a global leader delivering innovative communications
and technology solutions
Specific Responsibilities: This executive will be responsible for driving a one to five year growth strategy for the Consumer market, with particular focus on developing the long term vision for the core business leading to a sustainable competitive advantage. He/she will provide thought leadership to leaders in the Wireless business unit by defining and landing a strategic and bold vision to ensure Wireless success. This leader will continuously bring forward an outside-in view that challenges internal thinking and provides objective views of opportunities and risks. Specific responsibilities to include:
- Develop a next gen growth strategy and corresponding go-to market plans, with emphasize on financial modeling and competitive analysis, that drive transformational growth from inception through execution.
- Apply strategic framework to develop the broader programs, projects, financial investment, and organizational strategies.
- Leverage in-depth consumer and market data, translating consumer-driven understandings into business observations and recommended actions that drive growth.
- Identify and develop domain-specific management tools and methodologies to further define strategic priorities. Provide weekly and monthly updates to senior executives.
- Serve as an ecosystem thought leader in competitive dynamics, emerging trends, risks and opportunities to key stakeholders and create supporting business cases.
- Operationalize the end-to-end digital and mobile first strategies, guide the team through assessment of alternative distribution formats, and execute go-to-market strategies based on segmentation.
- Partner closely with consumer counterparts, including Product teams, Marketing and Finance, to define strategic initiatives and consistently integrate strategic planning throughout the organization.
Analytics / Financial Management:
- Strategically utilize external research and analytics to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape.
- Support the development of strategic frameworks, customer and competitor insights, technology trend assessments, and business cases to ensure the leadership team is engaging in the right strategic conversations.
- Develop strategic reports to highlight macro and consumer trends, including key competitors and new entrants, compelling business models, disruptive/emerging technologies—and successfully translate these into comprehensive insights and implications for the business.
- Apply data-based analytical thinking to understand and respond to external marketplace trends and to frame medium term operational levers including distribution, customer care and network operations.
- Lead a high-performing, motivated team of six direct reports who drive best-in-class project management and operational support for marketing products and services and lead national process improvement initiatives.
- Cultivate and promote a highly collaborative environment; assists in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and teams.
- Models and creates a collaborative and partnering operating model for the organization.
- Relies upon a consultative approach in all planning partnerships that reinforces the enterprise-wide strategic planning process, provides financial and analytical expertise, and identifies synergies/lack thereof amongst BU strategic plans.
- Fosters and facilitates alignment across the business, field leadership, executives and our corporate partners.
- Eight to 10 years of experience in a strategy leadership role. At least three years of experience in segmentation strategy.
- Minimum of five years management experience in emerging products sector.
- Proven track record of developing innovative technology strategies that drive and shape consumer habits.
- Two years at a top strategy consulting company defining multi-year business plans, including ROI analyses, market assessments, capability modeling, and operating model development.
- Wireless domain expertise or relevant mobile experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success shaping product vision and strategy, as well as experience leading multiple projects or major work streams to deliver on the strategy.
- Ability to lead through influence, build engagement and partner across a diverse set of stakeholders including development, network, finance, strategy, marketing, advertising and sales teams.
- Embodies an incredible passion for consumer product and services subject matter, applications, and content. Understands emerging technologies and how to leverage them to address customer needs.
- Stellar presentation skills and gravitas.
- Ability to predict market trends and focus on high impact initiatives that capitalize on future opportunities. Expertise in revenue planning and forecasting.
- Multi-cultural experience and bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is preferred.
- BA in Business /Marketing or BS in Computer Engineering/Science; MBA preferred.
- Passion for translating next gen technology opportunities into operational excellence and revenue growth.
- Strategic thinker who is smart and creative, will have the experience to design and execute a strategic roadmap for a business unit that operates within a dynamic marketplace.
- Low ego needs and ability to lead through influence.
- An outstanding hands-on executive leader with proven managerial abilities, organizational talent, team building, and well-developed operations, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Extraordinary communication skills; commanding presence, with the ability to influence constituencies across internal functions, customers and partners.
- An executive with deep integrity, a team-centered orientation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Self-starter and comfortable with independent execution.
- A change agent with ability to take calculated risks.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills; demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical, problem solving techniques.
- Thrives in a face paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity. A flexible leader who can navigate the company through complex and diverse situations.
- Ability to provide and receive straightforward feedback.
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ