Title: Director, Digital Strategy and eCommerce, Global Services
Location: Dallas, Texas preferred. Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington possible.
Company: one of the world’s leading aerospace companies
Relationship: This role reports to the SVP Operations and Supply Chain
Key Responsibilities: The Director, Digital Strategy and eCommerce is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners across the company’s Global Services P&L’s and service capability centers in an effort to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business, including content strategy and development, website design, business planning, web analytics and technologies. This executive will focus on creating an integrated eCommerce strategy that can be leveraged across the enterprise, delivering incremental channels for long range business plan revenue while improving operational efficiency as we deliver world-class customer satisfaction.
More specifically, the Director will:
- Lead the eCommerce strategy for the Business and General Aviation group across various channels and activities, including direct marketing, search, portals, affiliate marketing, ad networks, online directory, etc.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the eCommerce strategy.
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact within the eCommerce organization for cross-functional partners, acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, and manage eCommerce initiatives.
- Direct formal strategies and tactical eCommerce programs and plans to reach the mutually defined business goals and objectives of the business.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Drive reporting and analysis, including selection and customization of data collection and analysis tools.
- Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into eCommerce projects.
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop eCommerce solutions.
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase eCommerce sales and profitability.
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated.
Qualifications: Potential candidates must possess the following to be considered for the opportunity:
- Five to eight plus years of eCommerce experience and experience leading large scale eCommerce projects. Experience building out an Omni-Channel offering is preferred.
- Has been part of a team that led a digital transformation effort for a business of at least $200 million in revenue.
- Has built a registered database of at least one million customers.
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technology and sophisticated analytics. Has deployed these tools (e.g. Hybris, Magento, Google analytics, etc.) across a large business unit or company.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results and analytics and drawing conclusions.
- Has built out an eCommerce strategy. Ability to identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- At least five years of experience in eCommerce at a B2B brand.
- Aerospace and defense industry experience or experience at a top digital consumer brand is a nice to have.
- Prior management consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience leading a team of at least five in a sophisticated corporate setting.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment is preferred.
- Track record of attracting, hiring, developing and retaining “A” talent. Recognized as a leader by his or her superiors, peers, and direct reports.
- Collaborative team player with low ego needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.