Title: Director, Global Sales and Marketing
Location: Washington D.C. or St Louis, Missouri
Company: one of the world’s leading aerospace companies
Relationship: This role reports to the SVP, Global Sales and Marketing
Key Responsibilities: The Director Global of Sales and Marketing will develop a deep understanding of the customer, building rapport, and will provide overall leadership and direction to the sales leaders within the Autonomous Systems business unit to attain the company’s revenue and growth targets; with direct and significant influence on the processes involved in assessing, strategizing, planning and capturing of new business opportunities.
More specifically, the Director will:
- Create and capture new business campaigns/opportunities to achieve business growth targets.
- Protect current/core business portfolio through unparalleled customer understanding, developing and nurturing customer relationships and leading advocacy and customer engagement with BDS leaders.
- Assure understanding of customer requirements and provide the capabilities needed now and in the future to grow core and new adjacent businesses.
- Aggressively seek opportunities to develop “first to market” solutions in response to customer needs and priorities.
- Make market recommendations, influencing campaign pursuit decisions, and evaluating value/benefits of current/future market solutions which will directly impact the capabilities being offered to the customers.
- Remain abreast of market trends, and develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in order to create the competitive advantage required to compete and win.
- Establish and maintain relationships with DoD customers as well as a vast array of domestic and international customers.
- Participate directly and guide the company’s representation in public forums as well as wide array of diverse industry and government activities.
- Lead of team of sales professionals. Recruit, train, motivate, and drive accountability.
Qualifications: Potential candidates must possess the following to be considered for the opportunity:
- At least 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in customer centered sales roles, with experience selling large ticket items to government clients.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in complex organization, and successfully manage long, complex sales cycles.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Advanced understanding/knowledge of forecasting, general business, financial practices and principles, and project management skills.
- Adept in understanding and translating critical business needs, into meaningful solutions. Ability to become the trusted advisor and work effectively with customer base.
- Prior experience inheriting a client base and successfully building rapport as to not disrupt the flow of the relationship.
- Proven ability to identify and expand into new markets. Can formulate and execute a strategic plan to capture the growth, and provide examples of successfully entering an uncharted market and driving revenue growth.
- Experience working collaboratively with a leadership team across multiple business areas, such as marketing, engineering and product development.
- Has the gravitas and flawless communication skills necessary to build relationships at the senior-most levels internally and externally.
- Experience leading teams and managing through influence in a matrixed environment.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Leadership: Outstanding leadership presence and communication skills, ability to inspire trust and quickly build credibility within the company and the industry at large.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly from new experiences; adapts rapidly to changing conditions; champions innovation and novel approaches for creating more value.
- Bias for Action: Measures risk appropriately, is entrepreneurial in delivering exceptional results and the highest quality results to clients.
- Develops People: Helps people set and achieve goals; provides honest and constructive feedback, conducts critical conversations to resolve issues and strengthen relationships, delegates effectively.
- Inspiring the Vision: Always sets inspiring tone consistent with company vision when communicating with employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors.
- Driving Execution: Planning, critical thinking, strong project execution; consistently executes to meet/beat business plans, budgets, and milestone schedules.
- Manages Change: Recognizes and realistically assesses new business opportunities that drive growth and creates value; creates a sense of urgency, leverages a well-defined change management process to anticipate and overcome obstacles.
- Influence: The ability to motivate and lead within the culture of the company, using highly developed influencing skills in a collaborative fashion to work across the enterprise and with the company’s partners and customers.
Education: An undergraduate degree is strongly desired; an MBA is preferred
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary and bonus.