Title: Executive Director, C2M Solutions Delivery
Company: Our client is a publicly-traded global manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with over $11 billion in revenue.
Relationship: Reports to SVP, Global Application Solutions and BIA Technologies with matrix reporting to the EVP, Global R&D, Corporate Product Innovation, Package Development
Location: Northeastern United States
Key Responsibilities: The primary role of the C2M (“concept to market”) Global Business Applications Head is to shape the R&D and corporate innovation strategy through technology leadership and deliver solutions that drive competitive advantage for the function. This position plays a critical role in both advising the R&D and innovation leadership as well as identifying, prioritizing and delivering projects that support the company’s long term growth opportunities. In addition, this position manages the global solution delivery team across multiple process areas: R&D Operations, Packaging, Quality and New Product Launch and is accountable for attracting and retaining top talent.
This role will be a key business partner to the head of R&D and will partner with their staff to drive business outcomes through technology. This is a true business partner role requiring a point of view and the ability to make proactive recommendations. This position will provide thought leadership, management and oversight of all applications solutions (cloud first, however on premises where required) for the company’s C2M and will be accountable for all C2M technology investments, as well as managing the portfolio of digital application services from end to end.
Specifically, the Executive Director, C2M Solutions Delivery will:
- Lead a global application team that delivers innovative, strategic business solutions to the C2M, Packaging, GBSC (Global Brand Supply Chain) and Quality functions at the company. These solutions are consistent with corporate strategic objectives and ensure that the department can support the needs of the growing business.
- Develop teams (Pods) who oversee and manage IT governance and IT portfolio management for Global R&D IT.
- Ensure the realization of the R&D and business strategies through technology and continued process improvements.
- Align tightly with the BIA organization and collaborate to ensure excellent information flow and availability to enable the best data-driven, consumer connected enterprise.
- Act as the primary point of contact and business partner to the function (Functional Business Partner) and deliver value by shaping and informing the business strategy, defining capabilities required to achieve the strategy and bringing forth recommended technology solutions to enable these capabilities.
- Work collaboratively across the GIS organization to ensure that all technology services needs are identified in a timely way and communicated, planned and budgeted effectively.
- Ensure the strategic agenda is serviced by strong data and analytic services including data science, analytic productionalizing and ongoing support.
- Coordinate with technology brokers to evaluate new application technologies and service offerings and manage the integration of application and infrastructure services into existing IT systems.
- Understand business requirements and work with process analysts to ensure that integration activities enhance business processes and minimize negative impact.
- Coordinate with enterprise architects and information architects to ensure new services align to roadmaps and to understand the impact on the organization’s information architecture.
- Provide expertise, leadership and direct management of GIS vendor relationships, contracts and associated costs. Liaise with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new applications and services.
- Work closely with the Global, Regional and local Strategic Business Partners to balance enterprise efficiencies with local effectiveness and business outcomes.
- Drive an Agile mindset and delivery culture.
- Budget for multiple cost centers and concurrent projects and provide executive leadership for several global transformations projects and programs concurrently. These services will remain at or below market costs, transparently reported and effectively controlled.
- Manage a global IT organization that resides in three global locations in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, and an extended team of 45+ in India. Develop staff and manage the future state and IT teams that is necessary to support strategies globally, regionally, and locally.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated experience with building and developing teams across the global solutions organization.
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency to influence changes and drive outcomes from conception to delivery.
- Experience serving as functional Business Partner – demonstrating outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to influence and provide technology thought leadership to the R&D leadership and act as a trusted advisor.
- Prior business process improvement or business consulting experience focused on operational improvements.
- Experience assessing and managing large, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, structure, and implement business processes with a strategic mindset.
- Prior experience working in a highly matrixed environment.
- Metrics-driven with a high degree of analytical rigor.
- Experience in a role that leverages technology to solve business problems (e.g. product R&D decisions, improvements to cycle times, etc.)
- Expertise in application design/architecture, integration architecture development, enterprise application integration, and integration technologies solutions and standards.
- Deep experiences leading Agile delivery and advocacy strongly preferred.
- Experience designing, building and supporting integration platforms and has working knowledge of trends and best practices with information integration and data flow.
- Competent in new technology evaluation, ability to support technical change management and provide thought leadership skills in integration technologies, tools, and services.
- Ability to perform functional requirements analysis and business process analysis.
- Experience in a product or innovative technology company with an R&D and/or manufacturing component to the business.
- Understanding of software testing processes.
- Collaborative relationship building skills with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid problem solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities.
Education: Bachelors degree is required; MBA is preferred.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.