Title: General Manager
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Relationship: This position reports to the EVP of Operations
The VP and General Manager will be responsible for running one of our client’s largest casino properties. The General Manager will have full P&L responsibility for the operation and will manage the total team of approximately 800 people. Reporting directly to the EVP of Operations, this executive will work closely with senior management to determine the scope and vision of our client’s strategic plan for the property and focus on continued profitable growth while maintaining and improving high quality standards for the property in food and beverage, entertainment, and gaming operations. He/she will also work closely with external regulators and focus on continued profitable growth of the property while ensuring an exceptional guest experience and fostering our client’s unique culture based on integrity and relationships.
- Work closely with the EVP of Operations and others on the senior leadership team to develop the growth strategy and implement strategic initiatives and business growth activities.
- Direct and coordinate all hotel and casino operations to ensure efficient and profitable operation in line with overall company objectives.
- Establish policies and standards of operation with department managers and directors for all hotel and casino departments.
- Analyze and comply with the company’s targets on: operations, sales, marketing, finance and human resources.
- Maintain and enhance the profitability of the business while maintaining high quality standards.
- Interact with guests and team members on a frequent basis and improve guest satisfaction and quality ratings.
- Comply with the company’s policies on product and service with all legal, risk prevention and labor regulations. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulatory agency guidelines, and company policies and procedures.
- Prepare annual budgets on revenue, expenses, and investments and ensure full execution of these plans.
- Foster a positive working environment for the staff that adheres to our client’s core values as an organization of integrity and collaboration.
- Represent the company in daily interactions with different stakeholders, including external regulators and community leaders.
- Look after the company’s investments in building and equipment and ensure that they are well-maintained kept in optimal condition.
- Provide a safe and pleasant physical environment for guests and employees.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Ten+ years of professional experience with at least 2-5+ years of experience as the General Manager for a gaming property with at least $120 million in revenue, 1500 slots, 40 table games, and four restaurants/bars.
- Has had full P&L responsibility with solid knowledge of property marketing and finance.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- At least five years of gaming/casino operations experience. In addition, food and beverage and hotels experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of the business (casino, food and beverage, hotel, finance, marketing, human resources, etc.)
- Experience building relationships with community leaders and regulators. Possesses the executive presence and professionalism to serve as the external interface for the company.
- Strong leader with proven history of success in hiring and developing key talent.
- Experience managing teams of at least 700.
- Solid business acumen and effective communication skills, with proven ability to gain buy-in and collaboration from across the organization.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Proven ability to create a fully engaged culture, with high morale and strong performance. Has high integrity, is respectful, is collaborative with low ego needs and is a good listener.
- Recognized as a leader who motivates, develops, and creates camaraderie throughout the organization. Viewed as highly credible by executive leadership.
- Has high attention to detail and a good eye for quality and responds promptly to opportunities for improvement.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and a proven background in dealing with all levels of management, customers, and vendors.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and highly responsive.
- Able to think strategically and see the “big picture” to move the property forward.
- Results-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative.
- High integrity, with a collaborative and professional approach to problem solving.
- Low ego needs; good listener, respectful communicator, validating colleague’s ideas and contributions.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes to the business.
- Sets high expectations; holds self and team to the highest integrity standards.
- Ability to quickly simplify complex problems into a format that people understand.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities, and multi-task effectively.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.