Title: Head of Enterprise Portal Digital Experience
Company: Our client is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. The Wireless business operates America’s most reliable wireless network, with over 114 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries.
Division: Enterprise Solutions. The next step in Enterprise Solutions’ evolution is a concentrated focus on our Enterprise Center portal. The Enterprise Center serves as the singular touch point between Enterprise Solutions’ global customers and the company. Over 10,000 (and growing!) business customers leverage the portal to retrieve invoices, make move/add/changes to their network, and check on status of in-flight projects. The User Experience of this digital platform is crucial in establishing the Enterprise Solutions brand and reputation as the market leader for customer experience in the industry.
Specific Responsibilities: The Head of Digital Experience will lead the next generation of an integrated, digital customer experience for a best in class enterprise customer digital user experience with Enterprise Solutions, by working with business owners, across departments and geographies, to understand needs and determine how the platform should best evolve. S/he will partner with IT on User Interface Design (UI Design) and a combined UX/UI Design focus; with immediate focus on the customer portal experience. Long-term vision includes portal integration with internal support experience. Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish a new governance structure for how the portal will evolve and mature into a next generation platform.
- Lead the Digital CX strategy creation via industry best design standards and specifications, including right balance of web and mobile portal platforms for the global enterprise customer.
- Develop and communicate the Digital CX strategy (to include storyboarding) across the organization to gain buy-in and support of the vision to lead successful execution.
- Lead the strategy vision of incorporating the division’ external and internal portals into a singular platform strategy with the goal of achieving a consistent ‘look and feel’ for both the external and internal customer and gain efficiencies of a singular platform.
- Continue and enhance the divisions’ executive relationships (IT, Service & Delivery, CX executive leads) to communicate and broker consensus on digital CX strategy, implementation priorities (roadmap), and execution status.
- Partner effectively with Product and Marketing teams on digital CX strategy for new product launches, (e.g., testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation) and existing product portfolios across the enterprise to create a tailored customer experience.
- Create, gather and analyze customer feedback on portal digital CX experience via direct portal input, customer focus groups and broader voice of the customer surveys.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in CX/UX design in a B2B software or cloud business, with annual revenue of at least $500 million.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, build engagement and partner across the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and integrate customer requirements into portal development in a seamless and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performance, CX/UX design teams of at least 5 across multiple geographies and manage a budget of at least $15 million.
- Strong experience with Voice of the Customer polling, result analysis and closed loop implementation. Can provide examples of leveraging customer feedback to enhance features and ease of use.
- Has created and executed next gen CX/UX strategies which have driven customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Track record of attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining “A” talent. Recognized as a leader by his or her superiors, peers, and direct reports.
- Effectively communicate a cohesive vision to employees at all levels and presents ideas to others in a manner that achieves clarity, buy-in, commitment, and success.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Willingness to take calculated risks, communicate those risks throughout the organization and mobilize the team.
Education: A Bachelors degree is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Strategic thinking ability, smart and creative, will have the experience to design and execute a strategic roadmap for a business unit that operates within a dynamic marketplace.
- Low ego needs and ability to lead through influence.
- Motivational leadership style, with a penchant for leading by example, disciplined action and driving results. Balances internal management and external focus that consistently defines and resolves customer’s needs.
- Extraordinary speaking and communication skills; commanding presence, with the ability to influence constituencies across internal functions, customers and partners.
- An executive with deep integrity, a team-centered orientation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- A flexible leader who can navigate the company through complex and diverse situations.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus opportunity, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.