Title: Head of Digital Assisted Practice
Company: for one of the world’s largest broadband and telecomm companies; a global leader delivering innovative communications
and technology solutions
Specific Responsibilities: This strategic leader will be responsible for leading next generation end to end chat and social digital assisted practices and cross-platform execution across all digital channels for Video and Broadband products (TV, Internet, Voice). The Digital Assisted Practice serves as a critical touch point with vast customer base and the user experience and response rates are crucial in establishing the company as best-in-class for customer service. S/he will partner closely with the Head of Digital on strategic business planning and will be accountable for the operations execution; digital channel execution and program governance; business solutions architecture; external partnership and vendor management; as well as internal / external messaging. Additional responsibilities to include:
- Optimize and drive overall Digital Assisted Practice focused on growing revenue and service.
- Lead the strategy, practice build out, and execution of digital chat and social operations across all customer-facing digital sales and service channels including mobile, web, social, chat and community.
- Build integrated experiences connecting practices across marketing, support, advocacy and other key customer journey touch points.
- Drive overall digital KPI’s through digital assisted channels from high-level strategy to agent-level performance.
- Partner closely with Innovation team on integration of live messaging channels with self-service and automation. Collaborate on the strategy for next generation customer engagement inclusive of AI, both on current digital properties and distributed experiences.
- Own overall fiscal accountability for Digital expense budget and social/chat channel P&L definition and tracking as well as talent and workforce planning.
- Set targets, strategic programs, and review ongoing operational performance.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Technology, Product, Media, Creative, and Channel Operations to execute strategic launches to customers.
- Establish blueprint of a classic digital strategy; develop the broader programs, projects, financial investment, and organizational strategies; communicates and translates functional/operational goals into team goals; and manages the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison to the development team; ensures that each product has a clear technology path and that it’s always brought back to the business.
- Strategically utilize research and analytics of the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape.
- Use next generation technology with appropriate human interaction to best serve customer needs.
- Lead a high-performing, motivated team to develop a culture that drives innovation and strategic growth, taking calculated risks.
- Cultivate and promotes a highly collaborative development environment; assists in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and teams.
- Extensive background in sophisticated customer service operations (ideally in eCommerce, call center, and/or retail environments). Ideally comes from a corporate environment with front line staff, field operations and sales at scale.
- Proven experience in multi-disciplinary roles in cross-functional, large scale customer centric companies with a substantial digital business.
- Expertise building new operations practices and functions from concept, to inception to BAU operations. Lean Six Sigma / Agile Methodology experience preferred.
- Experience with developing and optimizing customer engagement within social, chat and digital communities.
- Track record building strategies and programs to drive revenue.
- Thought leadership in Software, Service Design, and product lifecycle delivery practices and execution of consumer (and/or employee) facing products and experiences.
- Highly effective at use of data integration and analytics to drive business results.
- Technically savvy; ability to develop technology strategies and process roadmaps that deliver critical operational results.
- Comprehensive experience in the development of multi-year business plans and ROI analysis.
- Human Factors and UX/ design leadership; understands the next gen customer with a history of driving digital strategies that engage audiences and drive sales.
- Deep experience partnering with software development and architecture teams, driving the execution of both custom built and off the shelf solutions.
- BA in Business /Marketing or BS in Computer Engineering/Science; MBA preferred
- Strategic thinker who is smart and creative, will have the experience to design and execute a strategic roadmap for a business unit that operates within a dynamic marketplace.
- Low ego needs and ability to lead through influence.
- A hands-on executive leader with proven managerial abilities, organizational talent, team building, and well-developed operations, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Extraordinary communication skills; commanding presence, with the ability to influence constituencies across internal functions, customers and partners.
- An executive with deep integrity, a team-centered orientation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- A change agent with ability to take calculated risks.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills; demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical, problem solving techniques.
- Thrives in a face paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity. A flexible leader who can navigate the company through complex and diverse situations.
- Ability to provide and receive straightforward feedback.