Title: Head of Talent Acquisition
Location: Rosemead, California
Company: A generator and distributor of electric power and an investor in infrastructure and energy assets, including renewable energy.
Relationship: Reports to the Director, Talent Solutions
Key Responsibilities: The Head of Talent Acquisition will manage full cycle recruitment, University and Campus Relations, External Programs (mobility, relocation, outplacement services) Systems and Social Media, Supplemental Workforce Program, Bid and Transfer Office/Testing. The successful candidate will provide strategic guidance and consultation to senior management and hiring supervisors regarding staffing activity (internal and external), diversity outreach, and compliance to meet the immediate and long-term workforce needs of the company. In addition, this individual will:
- Manage Human Resource professionals involved in managing professional recruiting activities.
- Ensure that the department has the necessary tools, resources, and training to successfully do their jobs.
- Leverage technology, tools and applications to support efficient and global staffing processes.
- Ensure client satisfaction through having a thorough understanding of client departments, organizations, staff, and positions, and on-going communication and feedback with client and company management.
- Through the development of position profiles and recruitment action plans, successfully execute recruitment assignments including direct sourcing, candidate development, interviewing, selection, offer negotiation, and hiring for all levels of professional, managerial, and executive staff.
- Assist in the identification, selection, hiring, and management of vendors to the search process including executive search, recruitment research, consulting firms, etc.
- Effectively manage a wide range of internal and external partnerships and vendors.
- Lead the development and implementation of budgets and plans.
- Lead the development and implementation of Talent Acquisition cost goals and objectives.
- Maintain policies, program and processes aligned to compliance.
- Provide leadership to the business to drive the alignment and adoption of the company’s talent acquisition model, ensuing consistency in the approach to communicating the company’s Employment Value Proposition, leveraging the company Employment Brand, and providing a consistent “candidate experience” for talent at all levels.
- Manage the professional growth and development of staff members for current and future roles within the HR profession or elsewhere as appropriate.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of recent Talent Acquisition/Staffing leadership experience with at least 10 years combined HR management/professional recruitment experience, preference for individuals who have worked with Taleo.
- Experience managing full lifecycle recruiting teams to include consulting with the business on needs, sourcing active and passive candidates, selection and offer negotiation, as well as extensive client and candidate management experience in a large company (8,000+ employees).
- Must possess experience in the following areas: establishing and managing diversity outreach programs, maintaining compliance with staffing laws and regulations, implementing staffing strategies for current and future workforce needs, employee selection and assessment tools, negotiating compensation and relocation packages, and implementing and monitoring HR metrics related to staffing.
- Experience leading, managing, and building high caliber teams, preferably in a highly matrixed environment. Has managed teams of at least 10.
- Over five years experience acting as a thought leader and business partner to business leaders/hiring managers, developing strong lines of communication, trust, and partnership across the organization.
- Proven ability to articulate inspiring vision and create a positive culture, with high morale and strong performance.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with proven project management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple key projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative with exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Southern California local market with a strong network of contacts would be a plus.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment and/or union experience would be preferred.
- Ability to perform effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must have strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Management or related field is required, with preference for those with a Master Degree.
The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus along with a comprehensive benefits plan.