Title: President & CEO
Company: The company is a trusted cardiac monitoring service provider, delivering diagnostic solutions, ECG analysis and support to help hospitals and clinics better diagnose and care for their patients.
Relationship: This role reports to the CEO of parent company
Key Responsibilities: The President/CEO will create a clear vision for the company’s strategy and create a strong alignment within the organization to achieve that strategy. The President/CEO will build the business to scale rapidly into a market facing, customer oriented, highly efficient business as the company focuses on growing profitability and sales. Other specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Be a “hands-on” leader in this high growth environment with smaller teams and limited resources. Never hesitant to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Ensure rigorous analysis of targeted sectors to identify new business opportunities.
- Build a cohesive and effective “leadership” team with bench strength all the way down to the non-officer population with succession planning in mind.
- Sustain an environment that rewards performance excellence and encourages ownership of work.
- Counsel the executive team by providing direction/support on department-wide activities, initiatives, and issues. Assess existing operating standards to identify opportunities for process improvements and best practice adoption across the organization.
- Apply knowledge and expertise of medical device industry issues, staying abreast of industry trends, the economic landscape, and the regulatory climate impacting the medical device industry
Qualifications: Potential candidates must possess the following to be considered for the opportunity:
- At least ten years of experience at medical device companies of at least $100M in revenue with at least five years in a P&L leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record of profitability growing a P&L at least 10% for three years or more.
- Expert knowledge of medical reimbursement mechanisms in the US.
- Experience as a P&L leader in a business of at least $50M in sales.
- Has built and implemented Key Leading Indicators (KLIs) to drive a business to greater profitability and a track record of building scalable and repeatable processes and systems to improve efficiency. Track record of improvement on ROI / Cash flow.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements (design and build) to support the business strategy. Has surrounded self with a talented team to support growth.
- Has demonstrated experience in transforming a culture to be a highly market focused business that has a clear, well-articulated strategy, alignment around key objectives, and clear accountability at all levels of the organization. Has proven track record of creating a business platform to scale a company for rapid growth across all functions.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and with limited resources. Thrives in environments undergoing transformation and growth, with proven track record of transformational change (e.g. restructuring, cost reduction and business process improvement).
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Hands-on, high energy, and “roll up your sleeves” with the ability to work effectively with limited resources.
- Strong business acumen and effective communication skills, with proven ability to gain buy-in and collaboration from across the organization.
- Good listener. Team player with proven ability to create a fully engaged culture with high morale and strong performance. Has high integrity, is respectful, and is collaborative with low ego needs. Positively motivates staff.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Low ego needs.
- Highly driven: excels in environments which reward superb performance.
- Quick thinker and creative problem-solver.
- Ability to deal with rapid growth in constantly changing internal and external environments.
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace ambiguity.
- Thrives on the generation of new business.
- Ability to develop immediate credibility as an extremely capable executive and business leader with a “hands-on” bent; direct, decisive, and able to quickly understand the culture, business issues, and requirements.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with groups.
- Results oriented. Sets challenging and realistic goals and holds him/her self and others accountable for achieving goals, even under difficult circumstances.
- Impeccable integrity and an exceptionally strong personal work ethic.
Education: Undergraduate degree from a respected institution is required; an MBA is preferred.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, performance based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.