Title: Programming and Content Acquisition Executive
Location: New York, New York
Company: One of the world’s largest broadband and telecomm companies; a global leader delivering innovative communications and technology solutions
Relationship: VP, Content Strategy and Acquisition
Specific Responsibilities: The Programming and Content Acquisition Executive will oversee content activities, including programming, acquisitions, development, and strategic partnerships. S/he will be part of a team responsible for managing all aspects of the linear programming deals and initiatives. This executive will manage a deal team responsible for negotiating and securing content rights. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a linear acquisition strategy and new deal flow that allows company to reach more customers.
- Function as a senior leader within a best-in-class deal organization; through sound evaluation, analytics, rights comparison and contracts.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with content partners and the industry at large, representing the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Foster a culture of high performance by building capabilities and managing the careers and development of a talented group of direct reports to ensure all team members fulfill their potential.
- Lead negotiations to secure content licensing agreements with the necessary rights to support the current and future businesses.
- Manage relationships and negotiations with key content providers.
- Partner cross-functionally with other content platform teams to ensure the maximization of assets, top tier content flow and consumer/revenue growth.
- Oversee a $multi-million budget and maximize content spend.
- Accomplished dealmaker with a solid understanding of media deals, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic marketplace.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in programming and acquisition from best-in-class cable provider. At least three years’ experience leading linear programming strategies and teams.
- Track record of successfully negotiating and executing numerous long-term agreements that created additional revenue opportunities and new customer engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple leads, prioritize effectively and rapidly evaluate deals including: acquisition, JV, partnership or other significant business development opportunities.
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to secure better content rights and monetization opportunities.
- History of successful deals that created true long-term value for the organization.
- Knowledge of audience research and development and content merchandising. Ability to predict market trends and focus on high impact initiatives that capitalize on future opportunities to gain market share.
- Superb communication and presents ideas to others in a manner that achieves clarity, buy-in, commitment and success.
- Has successfully led and managed a team. Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain “A” talent. Recognized as a leader by his or her superiors, peers and direct reports.
- Proven skills in leading across boundaries to develop cross-organizational solutions within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus opportunity, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.