Title: Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Company: The trusted industry leader in guiding clients through thousands of corporate relocation programs, large and small, unique and complex
Relationship: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Key Responsibilities: The Sr. Vice President, Sales and Marketing will establish a go-to-market and sales strategy that provides leadership, direction, and resources to the sales organization. The executive is accountable for the overall performance, goals and the alignment of the business’s strategy to meet and/or exceed the company’s revenue goals. The Sr. Vice President, Sales and Marketing should have proven success creating opportunities in consultative sales environment and is responsible for managing a strong and capable sales force to drive results and improve the overall win-rate of the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Spearhead the sales organization’s strategy by setting a sales plan that ensures that they remain consistent with the business’s overall goals to achieve growth targets.
- Drive and lead the design and implementation of the business’s sales activities and corporate branding in order to increase revenue and gross profit.
- Establish metrics, goals, sales processes, and reward systems to align and incentivize the team and increase revenue.
- Devise reporting tools to record performance statistics to ensure the organization in on track and make adjustments accordingly.
- Implement and manage the business’s sales process from building strong relationships through contract finalization.
- Develop a high-performing team by assessing, training, coaching and inspiring the team to do the best work and constantly set the bar higher.
- Mentor team members in the sales department, ensuring their constant professional growth, and assisting them in the execution of their duties to ensure they are set up for success.
- Assess the current sales structure including, the organization’s framework, design, territory breakout, skill set, and incentive program.
- Leverage market research and analysis to structure a data-driven sales plan and marketing strategy.
- Conduct business analyses, performance analyses, competitive analyses to ensure the team and processes are effective and working at an optimal level.
- Track and monitor sales results, weighing them against the set targets and business key performance indicators in order to determine the effectiveness of sales initiatives and implement necessary changes and solutions.
- Possess the analytical horse power to articulate the results of the analyses in reports, presentations, and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Marketing Strategy and Brand Reputation
- Maintain a consistent knowledge base of the business’s industry, competitors, and market trends.
- Build a strong reputation in the market of the organization as being the trusted industry leader.
- Attend Industry events and establish a positive, well known and respected reputation in the market.
Collaboration and Communication
- Work closely across all parts of the organization in order to align sales and marketing strategies to promote the business’s efforts, avoid conflict of interests, and enable the achievement of the business’s overall goals and targets.
- Capable of clear and concise messaging to the team and well respected throughout the organization as a leader and through partner.
- Construct reports, presentations, and proposals for key stakeholders regarding the sales department’s performance, sales targets and future state.
- Over seven years of national and global sales experience, with proven success managing teams with at least 12 sales professionals.
- Proven experience in a B2B sales environment, negotiating and closing large deals with complex contracts and a long, multi-month sales cycle.
- Has proven success penetrating new markets and meeting or exceeding sales goals year-over-year and the proven ability to close multiple, multi-year agreements.
- Strong passion for marketing and brand recognition and realizes that a strong partnership between sales and marketing is a strategic asset.
- Effective at developing and communicating the strategic sales plan to sales teams and others. Enjoys being measured on profit and loss success and results.
- Hands-on Sales Executive with proven experience building sophisticated, global sales organizations. Specific examples of implementing/ improving and leading sales processes from customer segmentation and targeting, initial sales collateral, and pitch through customer activation.
- Actively manages team, holds team accountable for results, and rewards strong performance. Manages through strong relationships, clear metrics and quotas and timely feedback.
- Established KPIs and metrics in order to capture data and drive performance across a sales and marketing organization.
- Has implemented a sales training and/or mentoring program, driving quantifiable improvements in team performance. Serves as a coach, customizing training approach to individual development needs.
- Understands the difference between management and leadership. Ability to lead by example at both the strategic and tactical levels – not afraid to roll up his or her sleeves with the ability to work effectively and partner across all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence.
- Chemistry and fit with executive leadership team.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.