Title: Vice President, Enterprise Security
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Company: The Company is one of the largest and most respected casino entertainment companies in the United States.
Relationship: This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Administration
The Vice President of Security is the leader of the corporate / physical security function for all of the Company and is responsible for developing and implementing security strategies to protect and ensure the security of company executives, team members, and guests as well as the financial, intellectual and physical assets of the company on a global basis. He/she will design effective plans to address normal day-to-day security situations as well as threats and crisis situations. The VP of Security will coordinate with external agencies and internal teams to ensure that threats, risks, and losses are identified, evaluated, prioritized and addressed in a timely fashion. He/she will lead a total team of 1100 across all of the properties with approximately 15 people at corporate. The VP of Security will serve as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team and as a representative of the Company, interface with guests, shareholders, and the media as well as develop relationships with external government agencies.
- Oversee all security related initiatives, directives, and events.
- Conduct security assessment in conjunction with the Legal department on potential threats related to physical or cyber security.
- Partner with the intelligence community, law enforcement, and gaming regulators regarding matters of crisis management, security risks, and threat management.
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects related to emergency response and crisis procedures, overall security infrastructure at properties and corporate offices, and policies related to guest safety protocol.
- Develop and communicate crisis communication plans.
- Maintain a solid understanding of information needs of decision-makers and proposes solutions to stakeholders regarding complex or difficult situations.
- Develop, implement, and administer strategic plans to ensure business operations in times of crisis or emergency.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Work closely with corporate executives, business managers, audit and legal counsel to understand corporate requirements related to security and regulatory compliance, and to map those requirements to current security projects.
- Oversee the continuous monitoring and protection of properties and personnel. Evaluates suspected security breaches and recommend corrective actions (including incidents involving outside vendors).
- Serve as the enterprise focal point for security incident response planning and execution.
- Define and implement an ongoing Risk Assessment program, which will define, identify, and classify critical assets; assess threats and vulnerabilities regarding those assets, and implement safeguard recommendations.
- Assist in the review of technology environments during the development or process to assist in the overall integration process regarding the technology environment.
- Oversee the development of, and be the enterprise champion of, a corporate security awareness and training program.
- Evaluate changes to the corporate environment for security impact and present findings to management.
- Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
- Manage the development and implementation of security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, employee education and awareness, and more.
- Work with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
Qualifications: Potential candidates must possess the following to be considered for the opportunity:
- At least five years of corporate security experience in an organization of at least $500 million in revenue and ten+ locations or recent experience from one of the U.S. Intelligence agencies (FBI, CIA, etc.)
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses with a large population flow / foot traffic. Prior experience in the entertainment or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Extensive experience implementing, monitoring, and maintaining cutting edge security solutions. Stays abreast of best-in-class technologies and industry trends.
- Demonstrated success designing, implementing and integrating complex security systems, processes and equipment.
- Experience leading teams of at least 200 security professionals strongly preferred.
- Strong leader with an influential style that creates followership and quickly garners respect. Builds a shared vision; inspires others to action; sets clear direction; establishes plans consistent with that direction.
- Displays broad perspective and effective judgment, demonstrates well-reasoned problem solving and decision-making.
- Expertise in identifying protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Ability to develop and leverage relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Prior leadership experience in law enforcement, military, intelligence, or security-related field.
- Has experience providing governance and oversight of incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, threat management, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to properties, both locally and in other markets.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively to guests, shareholders and the media.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and highly responsive.
- Ability to react quickly in crisis situations.
- Able to think strategically and see the “big picture” to move the property forward.
- Results-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative.
- High integrity, with a collaborative and professional approach to problem solving.
- Low ego needs; good listener, respectful communicator, validating colleague’s ideas and contributions.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes to the business.
- Sets high expectations; holds self and team to the highest integrity standards.
- Ability to quickly simplify complex problems into a format that people understand.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities, and multi-task effectively.
Education: Bachelor degree required, preferably in criminal justice, security, or a related field.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, bonus, and equity along with a comprehensive benefits plan.