Title: Vice President, Finance
Location: Gardena, California
Company: Leading structures manufacturer in the aerospace industry.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Specific Responsibilities: The Vice President, Finance will be responsible for all financial management of the company and will be a key thought partner to the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the senior leadership team and be viewed as a key operational and commercial leader in the business. This individual will be expected to hit the ground running as a thought leader and will need to quickly establish credibility and strong working relationships with all members of the senior management team, including other business unit leaders and cross-functional support areas. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, develop and improve reporting processes and systems to ensure disciplined financial and operational reporting to senior management, and if needed, external customers and partners.
- Actively engage with management to reinforce, assist and lead strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Provide insights (i.e. lean concepts) into methods to drive operational improvement which enhance and improve financial results.
- Participate in the strategic planning process
- Drive FP&A at the business level and program level to be proactive and advise on risks/threats, opportunities and areas for improvement while maintaining the highest degree of accuracy and timely financial reporting. Make forecasting as a way of life for the Finance department.
- Identify and seize opportunities to create efficiencies, streamline processes and leverage resources in order to reduce costs
- Craft the strategy to upgrade, and integrate financial systems to support informed business decisions based on data and analytics with specifically creating accurate and measureable standard cost systems.
- Create a sustainable, high-performance Finance, and IT. Quickly assess the current structure and talent to determine where changes are required. Attract, hire, develop and retain strong talent.
- Develop baseline department budgets; analyze expenditures monthly, review budget recommendations.
- Collaborate cross-divisionally with other departments to ensure Finance, Accounting and IT activities are in conformance with organization’s goals and objectives.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Five plus years experience in a commercial business that has high-mix, low volume operations with high quality and high transactions.
- Five years experience in senior finance leadership positions as a Vice President or Controller.
- Hands-on experience developing and leading FP&A, contract accounting and pricing with a deep understanding of core financial concepts.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing financial procedures and metrics for an organization.
- Prior experience in a private equity backed organization preferred.
- Has implemented pricing processes, systems and metrics across an organization.
- Drives a culture of excellence through consistent, accurate and timely data and analysis. Proven experience developing a strategy and measurements to quantitatively assess effectiveness of the short and long term strategies.
- Proven track-record of identifying opportunities for operational efficiencies across business functions. Can provide tangible examples of making recommendations which resulted in measurable improvements to processes and systems.
- Has participated in an operational excellence initiative for an organization that led to enhanced reporting and analytics to drive business operations.
- Experience in taking an active role in making business decisions in addition to making financial and risk management decisions.
- Has created capable and high performing finance organizations with prior experience evaluating and top-grading financial talent when needed.
Education: A Bachelors degree is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A seasoned operations execution with a “roll up your sleeves” mindset and the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Recognized as an executive that leads by example and is high energy, hands-on and a team player with a proven history of success in hiring and developing key talent.
- A self starter, action oriented executive with the ability to think innovatively. Sees the big picture, and yet still tends to the details.
- Exceptional communication skills to inform and influence at all levels internally and externally. Possess balance of collaborative leadership style with a bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility and build relationship to be recognized as a leader in the organization and a thought partner to the CEO.
- An executive with deep integrity, a team-centered orientation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Competitive nature that fearlessly takes on challenges; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation; energized by tough challenges; and challenges the status quo.
- Demonstrates an emphasis on high morale, loyalty, collegiality, effective teamwork, high performance, delivery of commitments, and high moral standards.
- Results oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and people in a complex environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes to the business.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, annual target bonus and attractive equity package.