Title: Vice President of Human Resources
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Company: A multi-billion dollar company in the hospitality and entertainment industry
Relationship: This position reports to the SVP of Administration.
Specific Responsibilities: The Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible for providing the overall people leadership and strategy for the company. In close coordination and collaboration with the other members of the executive team, and with the support of the human resources organization and management, the VP of HR will ensure that the business attracts, develops, and retains a talented and engaged workforce that will achieve the company’s business objectives and drive results to the next level. More specifically, the Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with senior leadership to create the company’s people strategy and providing leadership advice and counsel to the company’s business leaders to enable them to successfully grow their businesses and set in place effective HR planning to deliver a high performance culture and work environment.
- Directing the activities and deliverables for the human resource organization, establishing disciplines and priorities as necessary.
- Building best-in-class specialist HR functions, particularly in organizational development, talent management and diversity and inclusion.
- Reviewing and revising existing compensation plans with a focus on rewarding and retaining high-performing talent.
- Designing and implementing an organizational development plan focused on continuous improvement and excellence within the organization through training and development of company workforce.
- Developing and sustaining a culture and environment that stimulates innovation and creativity
- Supporting and assisting Business Leaders with goal and objective planning, integration, and success measurement.
- Ensuring the sustainability and the appropriate evolution of core human resources systems and processes to include compensation and benefits design and delivery, employee engagement, organizational performance management, learning and leadership program delivery, succession planning, workforce planning and organizational alignment, support for potential growth activity strategies, operational staffing, diversity initiatives, human resources measurement and metrics, and employee event planning activities.
- Provide strategic framework for focused diversity inclusion programs, particular at the leadership level and support businesses in the execution of these initiatives while educating the broader employee base.
- Develop strategies for continuing to bring in top talent at all levels – executive level as well as younger generations. Develop aging workforce strategy and develop strong university connections.
- Creating and implementing employee relations best practices necessary to establish positive employer to employee relationships and promoting high employee morale.
- Ensuring compliance and providing oversight of policies and procedures within the company and outside government agencies, including safety and environmental compliance.
- At least ten years of experience in Human Resources, with prior experience supporting organizations with at least $1 billion in revenue and 2,000 people.
- Prior experience as the #2 or #3 HR executive or divisional HR lead, with broad HR background with experience across multiple facets of the following disciplines: Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Learning and Development, HR Operations, and Diversity and Inclusion
- At least five years of experience acting as a strategic business partner to the senior management at the divisional or corporate level. Has developed and executed comprehensive people strategies that drove bottom-line results.
- Experience in a shared services environment and comfortable with the complexities of navigating a multi-location, matrix organizational structure.
- At least five years of experience in a services business of significant complexity (i.e. geographically distributed, multiple divisions, etc.). Prior experience in hospitality or gaming is a plus.
- Prior experience working in organizations with a significant hourly or blue collar workforce. Labor relations and/or union experience is preferred.
- Track record of improving diversity at the leadership level and spearheading diversity initiatives in an organization.
- Demonstrated track record of building world-class teams by recruiting, retaining and promoting exceptional talent.
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Keen instincts, with the ability to analyze market trends and HR best practices. Identify and execute on opportunities to bring best practices into the company.
- Ability to develop action plans and make farsighted investments directly linked to company’s vision and mission.
- Proven ability to create a fully engaged culture with high morale and strong performance.
- Recognized as a leader who motivates, develops, and creates camaraderie throughout the organization. Viewed as highly credible by executive leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Compensation: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.