Relationship: This position reports directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities: As a senior member of the business development team, the Partner will be responsible for extending the customer base of Morgan Samuels by selling our executive search services to his/her existing network and continuously adding C-level relationships to broaden the network. He/She will be a true sales “hunter” and maintain an active pipeline of sales opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Generating substantial business with C-suite executives at Fortune 500 companies by enlisting new clients.
- Systematically evaluating business opportunities prioritizing prospects with the greatest potential for competitive advantage, market penetration, and revenue generation.
- Fostering senior executive relationships and the Morgan Samuels brand with current and prospective clients, key thought leaders, and strategic HR partners.
- Leveraging, building, and maintaining a network of contacts to drive partnerships and sales; ability to effectively leverage key industry information and market knowledge to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Contributing to the success of the company by acquiring and maintaining key and high-margin accounts and developing strong, long-term relationships with customers.
- Providing leadership and direction where there is crucial customer interfaces.
- Overseeing the development of the firm’s key differentiators and representing the company at relevant conferences, trade shows, and industry forums to position Morgan Samuels as a recognized leader in Human Capital consulting services.
- Collaborating with Morgan Samuels’ colleagues to ensure exceptional results and continuous process improvement.
- Enhancing client relationships and growing client accounts over time.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must possess excellent sales capabilities and relationship management skills, a robust pipeline of sales opportunities and a healthy closure rate, a track record of exceeding quarterly sales targets. Additional requirements include:
- Maintains an active network of C-Suite executives and Human Resources leaders. Has been actively selling human capital services into this network within the past 12-months.
- Ideal candidates will have experience successfully transferring clients from a previous employer to a new service provider and selling more than one product or service into the same network of executives.
- Prior track record of generating $5 million in professional services revenue per year for the past three years with more than 70 percent coming from new clients that the candidate personally identified, pursued, and closed.
- Builds lasting and meaningful relationships with existing clients. Proven history of retaining relationships with marquee clients and growing those accounts over more than three years. At least eight years experience servicing private equity, financial services, consumer products, media and entertainment, high tech, utilities or manufacturing clients. Self-starter, driven by a highly entrepreneurial environment. Ability to drive to success with a growing brand. Must be a strong leader who thrives on collaboration and has maximized the effectiveness of a distributed workforce.
Education: An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
Personal Characteristics: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to assimilate into a structured, well defined mission driven culture and become a significant contributor within a very short period of time.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and performance driven environment.
- Results oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- High integrity, with a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- High energy, persuasive, and leads by example.
- Works effectively in complex and diverse situations.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes to the business.
- The ability to think innovatively, sees the big picture, and yet still tends to the details.
Compensation: An attractive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided.